Monday, April 19, 2010

Girly Drink Monday

The title of this post will likely push the buttons of certain gender-aware individuals, and it really has nothing to do with the content of this post.

Haven't blogged in a while, and I'm trying to remember worthwhile things to blog about. I guess we've had a lot of visitors lately. Matt's mom (Jane) came to visit with his sister Eileen a couple weekends ago. She wasn't nearly as good at beer pong as she was over the summer (read: she lost every game she played), but it was still nice to have someone in town to buy us beer!

Molly Dull came to visit this past weekend; in fact, she just left this morning. While she was here, some lady on the Alumni Board turned 40 and asked Matt and his housemates if they could have a party at his place (she crazy). So I walk into TKD on Saturday early evening (around 8pm) to find a fridge full (seriously, it was packed) of good beer, and the kitchen fridge had at least 10 bottles of wine. Meanwhile, PartyGirl's friends were making some sort of lemonade concoction with an entire bottle of vodka. In a silly act, I texted my mother. It went better than I anticipated.

Last night, Molly led what has become a tradition when she visits: A Sunday-night 2-pub pub-crawl. Went to Mac N' Joes, then around the corner to Circle Bar for white Russians. They were quite tasty.

In other news, I'm finally starting to get antsy/emotional/etc. about graduating. I'll have to do some road-trippin' to go visit people this summer. Maybe I'll even pick up Eric if I drive to Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Gendered comments still result in you owing me a pita, and I know where the Chicago pita pit is (20 minutes away from me, so it might be even more of an enjoyable retrieval). Worse comes to worse, you are forced to make me my delicious falafel recipe as reconciliation. Either way, I get delicious (free) food.

    2. Have you heard? I've officially dubbed my week-after-my-birthday-birthday-party "wiggin' out." i'm sure you can guess the required accessory...eric is most certainly invited.

    ReplyDelete