Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chew on This

Yeah yeah it's been a while. Unless you're Eric, you can't really point a finger at anyone for not blogging in a while. In other words, settle down, Forrest.

If it's really been a month or two since I last posted, then here are some updates:

1.) Passed all my classes last semester.
2.) Had a great time in Oxford for a couple days before I went home. Made great choices, etc.
3.) Spent two weeks at home, doing next to nothing.
4.) Chicago.
5.) 15 hours is a long time to spend driving.

In other news, Chapel Hill got some freezing rain Monday night, which left everything covered in ice. Even the roads. I don't know that I've ever before seen a solid sheet of ice extend down a 4-lane highway before. It just doesn't happen in Ohio (read: prevention). Needless to say, we had some classes cancelled yesterday morning. The best part is that they cancelled Monday evening and Tuesday morning classes before there were even clouds in the sky or flakes in the air Monday afternoon. So I slept in yesterday.

I've gotten back to running since I came back to NC. Some sort of knee malady had made it kneerly (ha!) impossible to run since early October, so I decided to rest until after Christmas, then give it a shot. It seems that things are going smoothly for now. I'm looking to run a 10 mile race in March, and a friend of mine is trying to convince me to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge (https://krispykremechallenge.worldsecuresystems.com/index.html) in February. I like donuts, but I don't know if I like them that much. I'll keep you posted. Check back in a few months.

All in all, life in NC is going well, although I do have the occasional yearning for Oxford. I'll probably be alright for a while since I was able to get back there before Christmas. I got to meet Mike's dog, whose name I already forgot. Needless to say, it's a perfect match for Mike.

Also, congrats to Eric on getting a job. Gotta start somewhere, you can only go up from here.

1 comment: