Thursday, February 10, 2011

Double Stuf

Each time I go to the grocery store (the 'Hairy Teet' or Food Lion, doesn't matter), I inevitably happen upon the "Snack" aisle. Among other things, this little lane of heaven includes several shelves stacked with Double-Stuf Oreos. This is what goes through my mind.

"Just keep moving. Don't stop."
"...but I'll be good this time. I'll use discretion and restraint."
"No you won't."
"...well, I'll limit myself to 3 at a time."
"No you won't."
"...what if I get the reduced fat version?"
"That's a silly idea and you know it."
"Fine. I'm going for the Double-Stuf."
"Can't wait to say 'told you so.'"

I'm sure that passers-by are astounded by how long a guy can stare at shelves full of cookies with a look of deep contemplation, but I'm serious here. It happens.

In other news, it snowed last night. There was a dusting on my car. Now it's 50 degrees outside. Not complaining.

Currently Listening to: "I'm on a Boat" -- The Lonely Island

1 comment:

  1. It's worse when you stand, swaying with indecision, in the main aisle in an attempt to avoid the entire stretch containing the chocolate and cream cake cookies. Avoid the whole thing has been my plan for years.

    ReplyDelete