Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm keeping this thing alive

I am working on a project for my senior design class that is in collaboration with a company that makes plastic domes. This company is in Mt. Vernon Ohio, which is not at all close to Oxford. We decided that this past Thursday was a good time to go and visit Replex.

We got a Miami van. 8 seats for 6 people. Pretty comfortable. Except the seats are made of a cross between cardboard and rocks. I am pretty sure I fell asleep on the way there cause it did not seem like 3+ hours of driving. Did I mention I got up at 5:30 to start this trip? So around 10 we stopped to get a snack cause we were close. I picked up a rockstar and some mini crullers. A balanced breakfast.

When we got to the place we were given a tour of the facility. We were not allowed to film or take pictures because some of the machines they use are custom made and not even patented because if they were they would be common knowledge and the Chinese would steal the technology and make the parts cheaper. That was a direct quote from the owner of a company, an MIT grad who is in the process of building up his second successful enterprise. He came up with the machines himself.

After the tour and a lunch/brainstorming session, we went home. I got to drive this portion. It would have been faster on the way back except for the traffic, rain, and bathroom stops (not my idea). Those vans have huge blind spots. I almost ran two cars off the road.

I don't have my Ferrari F430 Spider yet, but I will soon. If you want a ride, leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I want a ride. Would you say I should or should not hold my breath?

    ReplyDelete