Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lessons Learned While Baking

Don't use a bewitched mixer. Even if it CAN do the nose thing.

So of course it's late at night on a Friday and anyone who would've come to my door would find a) that suddenly no one's home b) the inhabitant is grabbing a large knife and c) aforementioned inhabitant was previously in the process of baking banana bread. This one has Nutella "swirled" in, and looks at first glance like a banana had the runs. I hope the final product is tasty.

You may be asking yourself "Matt, why on God's green earth are you baking on a Friday night?" I have no answer to this question that would make you say "Oh, that makes complete sense." I'm taking it to a Halloween party tomorrow, and wanted to get it done with before I go to the football game (including the biochemistry tailgate party before hand) tomorrow. I'm also planning on making cheesy potatoes, so if you want some, come get some.

I also hosted an impromptu pumpkin carving "party" tonight. As it turns out, Chapel Hill is for all intensive purposes, out of pumpkins. But the dimly (read: not) illuminated "pumpkin patch" on the side of the state highway isn't! Sure, no one was there to take our money, but we left it somewhere safe (or so I'm told). In complete contrast to prostitution, the logic of "if we pay for it, it's not illegal" prevailed. I should mention we were so preoccupied with getting caught because whilst we pumpkin-patched, the state troopers (of course there were two) were chilling in the gas station parking lot 3o yards away. They don't do a very good job.

So this leads to pumpkin carving around midnight. They all turned out fairly well, and should add a nice touch to the party tomorrow. We also baked the seeds. Fan-flipping-tastic!

That's all for now. For the impatient:

-I baked.
-I carved pumpkins.
-It is late.

Currently Listening to: "Amsterdam," by Guster

2 comments:

  1. I had given up. I clicked expecting nothing after a one month absense. But there are TWO!?!? Matt Smola posts! Wow. Never cease to be amazed.

    ReplyDelete