Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Bright Side of Fun-Sized

The best part about fun-sized candy is that you can enjoy the experience of indulging over and over and over....like I've been doing for the past week. I bought a bag of candy for trick-or-treaters and alas (?) no one showed up. I would be lying if I said I didn't contemplate calling three Reese's and a Kit-Kat dinner one night. I eventually realized how dumb this was and had a bowl of soup. (As an aside, I recommend Campbell's chunky sausage and chicken gumbo soup).

It's been a fairly uneventful week here in Chapel Hill. We had a two-day biophysics symposium Thursday and Friday, and unfortunately it started early in the morning and went until nearly 6pm. What this meant though was that I had free breakfast and lunch for two days! I ate so much at lunch that I didn't need to eat much for dinner, effectively spending $0 on food for two days.

Work in the lab is going well, and my NSF proposal is coming along decently. I'm also planning a trip to Target to get a few festive things for the apartment, as it's present state is seasonally drab.

Currently listening to: the fan on my laptop, since nothing is playing.

1 comment:

  1. Have you had progresso soup? Pretty lousy. No where near as good as they think they are on the commercials. Definitely not better than Campbell's.

    ReplyDelete