Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lasers

On Friday I went to a social event organized by my program at a place called "Frankie's Fun Park." You can imagine what I expected: janky go-karts, mediocre putt-putt, laser tag over-run with little kids, and silly arcade games. When they told us to bring some money for food, I thought to myself, "ok, pizza and hot dogs for dinner."

I was thankfully surprised. Sure, the name needs some work, but Frankie's was actually a lot of fun. I got to shoot some people that annoy me (multiple times) and watch our faculty mentor run amuck like an 8 year old during a few rounds of laser tag. I also enjoyed the go-karts and thought about how Eric would've been nuts in one, despite the fact that he'd want to make it go 5 times as fast.

Even better: there was a bar. Our faculty mentor bought us a couple rounds (....before go-karts; questionable?) and a few appetizers at dinner. That was cool. All in all, a decent night.

I feel like Matt needs to step it up. I know he's busy with work, but I'm busy too and looky what I can do!

Summary:
Became an 8 year old for a night.
Matt is a slacker.

Currently listening to: Straight No Chaser

2 comments: