Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Volleyball

A group of older grad students needed an extra player on their intramural volleyball team this week. I mentioned I had played a little at Miami, and they signed me up. I even got a neat shirt!

Anyway, while Team Malakalak will always have a special (and I do mean "special") place in my heart, the team I've been playing with here, "Ph.Digs" is ridiculous. Pretty much everyone can spike the ball, they have a designated setter, and I felt like I was completely new to the game. It was intense, but fun. Sadly, we didn't make it to the playoffs, so technically, so I'm not sure when I'll play again. Either way, it was fun and very educational. I'd like to see Team Malakalak play them. Ph.Digs might be well-organized, but there's no predicting what a scrappy team like Team Malakalak can pull off. It was so unpredictable. Yes. I said that.

In other words, I went to a professor for some help and he basically said "For God's sake it's in almost a thousand textbooks. Go look it up!" I guess that when a professor assigns an exam, I assume the material will be from the class that was taught. Oh well, it gave me a reason to check out the chemistry library, which was rather sexy. Yes. I said that too.

In summary:
Played volleyball.
Went to the liberry.

Listening to: "Brothers Sing On," by the Miami University Men's Glee Club

2 comments:

  1. Oh Matt, how loosely you use the term volleyball. What we did was not volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could Ph.Digs beat team Broski in beach volleyball? I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete