Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Back...Again...No Really

So I realize it has been a long time since I blogged. But first things first. Yes, Matt I'm more than happy to edit you grant proposals for you.

Like Matt Forrest, I am no longer homeless. I'm also no longer jobless. I will be employed as an Admissions Counselor at Miami starting Wednesday, so I'm going back to Oxford. And no, I am not secretly being hired by the Smola's to spy on Jenn (Eric, there is a job idea for you). Here is how it happened.

I got a call a few weeks ago saying they wanted to interview me. So I hopped down to Oxford, stayed with Alex Newman and went to the interview. Then a couple weeks later I received a letter saying they wanted me back in Oxford. That was August 17th. 3 days later I was in Oxford, and I rented a place (where 212 can crash when they come to visit) and tomorrow I'm moving back to Oxford and will have my first day of work Wednesday. They have already scheduled me for 14 orientation type events in my first 5 days of work.

Also, I did actually have dinner with Matt Forrest. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Evanston. It was magical.

6 comments:

  1. Where are the new digs? Do you have a security deposit???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That job or just any job Eric?

    Ummm you always say you're coming back to the blog Mike. I'll believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny Matt, need I remind you that when I do get a job I will be making as much money as all th rest of this blog put together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'll be helpful since you apparently use money like breadcrumbs to lead you from danger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, that was the hooker's money, I made $4.75 that dream.

    ReplyDelete