Sunday, August 29, 2010

Punching Out

My mind works overtime when I am asleep.

I had a dream last night that I was flying a jet fighter. This would have been really fun, except there was something horribly wrong with the jet, and it was going down. I was very excited by this because it meant that I got to eject. I pulled the handle and waited what seemed like an eternity. I situated myself, folded my hands in my lap and waited. What happened next was worth the wait. The canopy blew off and was instantly gone. Next, the rest of the jet seemed to disappear as me and my chair were shot out of the cockpit by rockets beneath the seat. In two seconds, I went from being shot upward and forced into the seat to free falling, only it seemed like I was falling faster than normal due to the weight beneath me. Soon enough, the guide chute went spiraling above me followed closely by the main chute and my descent was slowed considerably. At this point I was not too far off the ground and was coming down on what I instantly knew as my street, only a few houses down from my house.
I don't recall much of the landing. Can't say I'm too sad. It was prolly very bumpy. Those seats are not really designed for landing that way. I was a little out of it when I was on the ground. I was stumbling around trying to gather up the parachute when some guy sitting in a lawn chair across the street got my attention. "Was that you?" He asked, pointing to the fireball rising from where my plane had hit the ground a few miles away. "No" I replied, "Mine kept going after I jumped out." Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment