Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No me gusta

So, it's been nearly four days of the semester, and I've only had one class. One was cancelled, the other one was Spanish.

I hate the Spanish Department.

I'm not taking a foreign language because I find it super-intriguing or culturally stimulating (although it is), no, the core of why I take Spanish is because I have to in order to graduate. I doubt I'll ever have to know beyond high school Spanish in order to communicate with someone I may run into--I don't plan on working abroad in a Spanish-speaking country. Bottom line: the Spanish Department seems to think very highly of themselves. Things which are normally and conveniently done online must be done in paper only. They don't list who is teaching a course until you are already attending, making finding an "easy" professor much more difficult. In general, I just dislike them.

Moving on...I have a cold. Yesterday was spent lounging around doing hardly anything. I would've liked to get my room picked up (it's still a mess from moving back from break) and some laundry done. Neither of these things happened because my body decided to become lightheaded upon standing. No me gusta.

In better news, I'm getting geared up to go visit a few grad schools. I'm still a little surprised that the University of Michigan is flying me from Dayton to Detroit...but whatever. I watched "Up in the Air" last night with Pat, and I couldn't help but think about all the traveling I'll be doing. I figure I'll start collecting miles now.

2 comments:

  1. This post was started 5 days before it was finished. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A "cold" huh. I think most people just admit they had too much to drink.

    ReplyDelete