Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm Rich

Miami sent me my check in the mail yesterday. I am rich. I think I might buy a new car, or maybe go on a month long vacation to the tropics, or maybe I'll pay my rent. I have not decided yet.

I learned something interesting yesterday in one of my classes (yes, I think this was a first). I learned the origin of the phrase "going balls out". Surprisingly this phrase is not a reference to running around without pants. Although lecture may have been a little more colorful if it was. It is actually talking about the very first governing device on the very first steam engine. The more steam came through the engine, the faster the device would spin and the farther out the balls would go. At a certain point, they would release a lever stopping the flow of steam until the engine had slowed. Sorry about the picture, resizing is not happening today for some reason.
I was thinking about this Sulley Sullinburger Sallinhiem fellow. Everyone hails him as some sort of hero. You know what I heard he did? I heard he crashed an $80 million jet airliner. If I did that I would be killed. Not by the crash jokesters, I played flight simulator when I was little.

In other news, I beat minesweeper on expert yesterday. Sorry Katelyn, looks like you will have to try and beat anonymous on someone else's computer.

1 comment:

  1. BLAST!!! I will post on your blog as anonymous then and be satisfied. Except I'm not. That really makes my socks wet (this is a phrase I just invented it means I'm angry). You would not even have played that stupid game if I had not whetted your interest. You are a jerk.

    ReplyDelete