Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sometimes this is all you need (1 of 3)

This has been a great winter break and I can confidently say the best New Years 3 day marathon I could have asked for (and yes for 2010 I resolve to blog more so fear not Apt 212 is not going far).
After was with out a doubt the worst semester of my collegiate career - though I can not over look the countless positives that managed to keep me going as I struggled through - and a rough finals week where I dragged on beaten to submission, I made it out alive (as did my grades - though some of them just barely and that is not understating the fact).
I immediately jetted off the Washington DC to visit Katie (who until this year had been my next door neighbor since we were 3) and meet up with my friend Allison who was also tripping it out there. Despite the fact that we happened to be in DC during what turned out to be the largest snow storm in like the last 800 years and the entire city shut down completely for 2 days (though on Saturday we did manage to find one of the only open bars and did it justice) -it was a hella lot of fun to say the least. I can not wait to go back since I did not get to see everything I had hoped to, though we had a good time otherwise.
Came back to Chi-city on the 22nd (oh yeah while I was gone someone ransacked my luggage and I had to spend a bunch of time closing bank accounts and protecting my identity - fun!) and tried to start sorting out my life (I am still working on that task). The Christmas Holidays were good with the family and I enjoyed getting time to reconnect with all of my cousins and stuff since I had not seen everyone in a good year. Overall a lot of fun! And then it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed in Chicago, had a friends 21st birthday and I traveled downtown to walk around and explore some on my own for a break and meet up with a friend of mine - all which was good.
Otherwise, I had been trying to do a lot of sorting out, ordering and figuring out stuff in my own life so hopefully I can be at a better place when this semester starts and have fun and enjoy myself. I came to realize that I pushed away too much of what makes me happy and suffered a lot for no good reason. Lesson learned - time to ring in the New Year! Which by the way I have been waiting all break for this moment to happen!

Peace in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment