Saturday, January 16, 2010

Canadian Idiot

I have a new favorite Weird Al song. Its called Canadian Idiot. One of the best lines goes: Maple syrup and snowplows they export, treat curling like its a real sport.

I wish the moving pictures were more like the restaurants in Oxford. I like almost every place to eat in this town, and that is saying a lot. If I actually spent time on these posts I could give you an alphabetical list of my favorite places ad then I could list them in order of how much I like them. Since I am not Matt Smola, I will leave it at that. Also, I was just making the point that I like a lot of restaurants here as an antithesis to my point about movies. What was I saying?

The vast majority of movies I have seen recently(a relative term) have been tremendous disappointments. Inglorious Basterds was dumb and long and pretty much excruciating. Watchmen was dumb and long and involved way too much large nakedness. Burn After Reading was just dumb. Avatar was really good. I like Sherlock Holmes too. Robert Downey Jr can do no wrong in my mind after IRONMAN. Possibly my favorite movie ever.

I have no idea what this post is about. Hope you got something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment