Thursday, December 10, 2009

Boring Presentation

I made a presentation on my senior design project yesterday evening. I wanted to shoot someone afterward.

My team is a decent mix of talents. Some of us are good at research, some are good at experiments, some of us are good at bull-shitting. Its this last one that makes me angry.

Our presentation was kind of thrown together at the last minute. This is due to my team mates not getting anything done when it should be. They were doing tests 2 days ago that should have been done weeks ago so they could be reviewed and evaluated. Cause the results were useless. My tests had been done for a few days at least (I had to wait for some equipment but did it as soon as I got it) and my tests showed exactly what I was hoping for. I got graphs and pictures and putting slides together took about 20 minutes. Done. I also knew what I was talking about.

My product was presented first. I rocked it. Replex domes can totally be used for early season cultivation of seedlings. Next came light fixtures. Light fixtures made from Replex domes are ugly and don't improve lighting effects. Next came skylights. I have no flipping clue what the actual design idea is for this product. I am pretty sure there is not one. The kid covered holes in a box with tracing paper and called it an experiment cause he used real light sensors and a data logger. Sorry but me sitting with a computer gathered more useful data than you did. Actually that might be a lie, I zoned out during that portion of the presentation and woke up about 10 minutes later to him still talking. The entire talk time was supposed to be 20 minutes, he took 15. People were asleep. I have never heard more mundane things explained in more minute detail. Especially when there is a time limit. He seems to think that B.S. is a good alternative to a shorter presentation that contains real information. The kicker is that he couldn't even field the single freaking question we got asked. I had to. The professor asked the question 3 times and got similar completely unrelated answers from this kid every time until he gave up, the kid stopped talking and I could step in and give the right answer. I am so done with this semester.

In other news, Transformers was on last night. That movie is pretty good. Optimus Prime flying? I almost died. With parts from an SR-71 Blackbird no less. Hell yeah!

Time to continue my project reports. Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment