Saturday, September 26, 2009

Here I Sit to Think and Ponder

So I'm at OSU this weekend visiting my close friends from high school. Since I'm not a huge OSU football fan and there's a home game today, my buddy who goes here is at the game, and I figured I'd get some work done. Dan, his girlfriend Meghan and I decided we'd go to the library, since Meghan had to download some huge .pdf file and it was taking upwards of four hours.

THIS LIBRARY IS HUGE. AND BEAUTIFUL. There's literally a wall of books: a huge glass facade stretching four to five stories when you walk in. The reading room I'm in right now is two stories tall with a vaulted ceiling...and an awkwardly placed statue of what I think is "Winged Victory." Dan and I have decided we might try to tip it over and find out if it's actually made of plastic, or if it's hollow.

So the library's great, but it's game day. Kickoff was 25 minutes ago, and up until then, there were random tourists walking in and out of the library as if no one was trying to work. Sure, I'm not a student here, but I'm at least being quiet and acting like one. Whatever, football seems to rule all here. I doubt anyone ever walks into King before a hockey game just to check it out.

Ok, back to pesonal statement writing...it's a bitch, by the way. It's hard to write about how awesome I am without sounding like a pompous or pretentious ass. Guess I'll just write what comes out and then edit hardcore later. Don't be surprised if I send you a copy and ask for your help, especially if you consider yourself a grammar queen (Molly Dull, I'm looking at you).

1 comment:

  1. editing elates me. if you send this alleged personal statement to me, i'll be naturally high for weeks. (!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete