Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some Thoughts

So I was thinking the other day...

Who designs low level cars? Like I know there are high paid designers who spend weeks if not months or years designing the coolest cars. On the opposite end of the spectrum you have the low end cars that apparently have been expressly designed to look like shit. Lets take the Pontiac G line as a case study.

The G8 is the highest number I found. (my research consisted of typing "pontiac g" into Google and seeing what numbers it suggested I complete the phrase with) This car is rather attractive. It has tasteful styling, an aggressive stance, and lots of grilles and fancy accents. Its pretty, I want one.
The next car in the line is the G6. It is a decent car. I know someone who has one. I have driven it. Its solid. Not much to look at (especially white ones) but they are not ugly. With options, it can be made appealing. Its no G8, but its also not a G5.
The G5 is ugly. Its got a tiny grille, gross wheels, a wing that looks horribly out of place on such an obviously not sporty car. Its crap.
The G3 is a travesty. The people who decided to make the G3 a production car are some of the most vacuous people in the automotive industry. No wonder these companies go under. I could design a better looking compact in my sleep without the use of my brain. No wonder they only sold 141 of them last month. I have never seen one on the road.

So that is my rant on ugly cheap cars. These companies deserve to fail.

Now nissan, they make some nice looking cars.

I don't know why it is so blurry. Click on it to make it better. The little gold one in the back is also a real beauty

1 comment: