Friday, September 25, 2009

I almost died on a White line

So today it was raining. Also today I crossed the street at a designated cross-walk. This led to my near-death. When they make a road with cross walks, they indicate where the cross-walks are with wide strips of white paint. This paint becomes slippery when wet. The result is that, when it is raining, the least safe place to cross the street is in a cross-walk. I have never actually fallen, but I have slid several inches all the way to the other side of the strip where I hit pavement again and stop. I have heard of people throwing their phones in the rivers that form on the sides of the road when they almost bite it. Speaking of the rivers, has Oxford never heard of storm drains? Seriously, if it is raining hard enough you have to jump from the curb to make it across some of these.

A few nights ago it was pouring and I decided to go for a rain run since it had been a rather hectic day. There was at least a half inch of water everywhere and up to 4 in some places. I was running through a parking lot with storm drains so you could see holes in the surface of the water. Only one of them was clogged so I ran right through a huge deep puddle. Not that it mattered, I was soaked 10 seconds after I stepped off the porch. My shoes may never dry.

Bed time. I don't want to go to school tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment