Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Busy

and so are you, I get it. I've been reading and even thinking of writing. The time has come.

1. Whale Wars--I don't care what Eric thinks, I saw the episode where they rammed the Ady Gil and it was intense. I was actually on the phone with Matt Forrest when it happened. Eric is just jealous that the whale-huggers could afford to build Millennium Force II in their backyard but instead spent the cash on...boats. I understand his frustration but what's better than mammalian drama on the antarctic high seas?

2. So I haven't blogged in a week and a half. My bad. What I've done instead: napped, bought new sunglasses (I'm convinced TKD somehow swallowed the old pair), worked, took more photos (duh), saw mdull (yay), watched my dad get rained on (currently underway). I've also been trying to find furniture for my apartment in Chapel Hill. That's going swimmingly.

3. The other day I was ridiculed for the size of my salad at the cafeteria at work (which rivals Farmer Fran in terms of produce quality). I'm in line and someone (who I don't even know) sees me put my salad on the scale and freaks out when he sees the rather dodgy scale sink lower than usual: "Woah! That's gotta be a record-setting salad!" This followed a comment by another salad bar patron who told me that I could put my dressing in a to-go cup and not have the weight counted against my total. Thanks for pointing that out after you watched me drizzle dressing (alliteration ftw) all over my salad. Then when the cashier (who wears pink-tinted sunglasses everyday but occasionally swaps them for chromed safety glasses) is trying to read the weight/price (she's also 85), some joker pipes up and says "$93!" Asshole. The salad was $5 and was an entire lunch, including my favorite vegetables and a good hunk of burning love chicken.

4. Fireflies plays every day on the single radio station that we can receive in our windowless lab. I pause for a minute and harken back to the days of apt212 when our only real concerns were if the losers would swim at 3am and where we could find a bachelorette party from which to borrow a corkscrew.

That's all for now. Chicago this weekend! YEAH! Photos! Phun! Phriends!

Currently listening to: the printer print.

1 comment:

  1. Answer to your question posed at the end of item 1: BASE jumping.

    ReplyDelete