Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whale Wars

Is a sad excuse for entertainment. No, I have never actually watched it, but I am perfectly capable of assuming the worst. I mean what is this? Who can be a bigger asshole? For those not familiar with the concept, the show is the story of a struggle between a group of Japanese researchers and people who obviously have too much time and money on their hands and have nothing better to do than dick around in the southern oceans bothering aforementioned researchers.

I am highly suspect of the show for a few reasons. First, we have no idea what the story of the researchers is. They are portrayed as evil whale poachers who must be stopped at all costs. I felt sorry for them, but then they smashed into the coolest boat I have ever seen and sank it. The Addy Gil (stupid anti-whalers name, it used to be called Earthrace) holds the record for going around the world in a powerboat. Now it holds that record at the bottom of the sea. That's the main reason I am suspect.

From what I have seen from ads, the two sides spend all their time being the biggest pain in the ass for the other party they are able. The researchers fire water canons at the whale huggers and the whale huggers have spent who-knows-how-much to tool around in their two crappy ships and their one really cool speed boat shining laser pointers at the researchers. Its very middle school drama.

Look up information on Earthrace though. Its a really cool boat. It is designed to slice through the water rather than ride on it. Good stuff, damn researchers.

3 comments:

  1. I have several comments for this post. However, in an effort to be green i will make them all in one box. First of all, i thought whale wars were wars between an arm of humpbacks and an army of sperm whales. Second, you sure do know a hell of a lot about this show for never watching it. And third, I'm not sure if I had a third point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was a show about warring whales, then I would watch it religiously. Also, all of my knowledge is gleaned from commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really just say "Japanese Researchers"?
    What exactly are they "researching"? How to make your dick harder by eating whale brains? Dude, get a clue- it's not researching, it's just poaching.

    ReplyDelete