Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not Homeless

Today concludes my apartment-hunting in Chapel Hill. I had an apartment reserved before we came down here, and in true Smola family fashion, we looked at about nine more apartments before we settled on the one I had reserved in the first place. So that's good. If anyone has suggestions for where to find cheap apartment furniture/decorations/stuff, let me know!

Went to a planetarium tonight. I'd never been to one but UNC has one on their campus and my dad and I wanted to check it out. Mom came too. This was after we had dinner and went to a place for gelato (I had a mix of raspberry and dark chocolate--phenomenal.). It is clear from walking around UNC's campus that I have no clue about most of the history of the place. Top things I know: First state university, Jordan went here, basketball is huge.

So tomorrow I head home and get ready for a whirlwind set of weekends coming up. Next weekend we're celebrating my mom's 50th birthday, Molly comes to town. After that, I'm off to Chicago (Eric is invited but never really said yes or no, just that he doesn't want to go to a Cubs game, which wasn't helpful for me at all) to visit Matt (and I guess Mike too)! Massive photo-taking better be tolerated and encouraged. After that, I'm off to Michigan, then after that perhaps Cincinnati (although that's not for sure) and then it's moving time!

That's all I got. Congrats to Matt on getting a job, and to Eric for hiring a employment hitman.

Currently listening to: My dad falling asleep to NASCAR. Goodnight y'all.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I want to go. I might be intruding. Also, I am growing to LOVE sitting here at home all day every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Craigslist and/or Freecycle - that would be a good starting point

    Eric would love sitting home all day every day

    ReplyDelete
  3. freecycle yes.

    also, "A employment hitman"?!?! um, what? i knew grammar wasn't your strong point but i had no idea i was getting into a problem THIS serious!

    ReplyDelete