Monday, July 19, 2010

Wedding + Open Bar = Good Weekend

Take note friends. My title says it all. Traveled to Cincinnati this weekend (which was such a tease cause I didn't get to go to Oxford) for my friend Abby's wedding. Drove down on Saturday morning and was able to catch lunch with Adams who was in Cincy for the day! Hooray!

Then went to the ceremony. (My friend Shannon almost passed out.) They are secular humanist and I learned without all the religious stuff wedding ceremonies only last about 30 min. WIN! After that there was a cocktail hour. Open bar, wine and cheese tasting stuff. Yum! Alex was at the wedding too, so I got to catch up with her.

Reception was awesome and the food was amazing. It was the type of place where the servers refolded your napkin every time you got up. It was a well done to the point where they served mimosa's in between courses...double win! Then rest of the reception went on..dancing...more free drinks...hamburgers were served as a late night snack. Overall it was my type of wedding. After the reception we hit up the hotel bar and then passed out in the most amazing bed ever. (we were awaken by a ragging party/orgy in the room next door.)

Drove back to Chicago on Sunday...hit two hours of dumb traffic outside the city. That whole traffic experience made me hate people just a little bit. Which is perfect because I work with people all day.But, thankfully I made it back in time for Next Food Network Star and such.

Work as good today. It wasn't too hot for once in a long time. Matt and Eric are coming to Chicago this weekend. Hooray!

Maybe Matt and Mike will blog again sometime soon. JERKS!

Peace out!

PS. I'm blogging about my AmeriCorp/LIFT experience here: "It's what you do and not what you say." Don't worry I'm not abandoning Apt 212, but I needed a new place to take a different perspective on things.

1 comment:

  1. You may as well have just wrote, "it's not you, it's me" instead of that last line of your post.

    ReplyDelete