Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sup

Several times recently, I have opened this blog with the intention of writing something profound, only to close the tab seconds later. I have lost interest in a lot of things lately. Or maybe it is that I have lost the opportunity to do things, not a loss of interest. I think that is most likely it. After two and a half months of sitting at home, going out and doing anything can seem like a big deal. For example, this past week, Court had a few days off and wanted me to come down. I was honestly dreading it. It meant making the same drive I have done dozens of times up and down 75. I was going to go Wednesday, but then she told me she got sent home from work early Tuesday and I made a snap decision to leave. The drive down was painful, but only because I drank a bottle of water and a travel mug full of coffee during the first half of it. After a stop at a rest area I was fine. I had a great time, and it turned out to be a really fun visit. The point of the story was that I need to get out of my house more and start doing things if you didn't catch it.

While I was down there, The Kool Aid Man trivia team took 2nd place twice. We still got it.

I am going to Chicago this weekend I think.

Maybe if you're good, I'll tell you a rambling, disjointed story about that trip when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment