Saturday, February 13, 2010

I get all my music from car commercials

A few weeks ago I saw The Heavy perform How You Like Me Now on Letterman. I liked the song but it didn't scream go out and download me. A few days ago I saw a Kia commercial that featured the song and I downloaded it a few hours later.

I like to watch car commercials. They keep me informed about the market. They showcase the latest gadgets and styling. They also often are joined by excellent bands playing some killer music. I want to find out what song is in the Cadillac commercial that has been playing a lot lately.

Ford has some of the best music accompanying their commercials. The Flex had a commercial that had a song called The Funeral by Band of Horses that was perfect for the vibe of the ad and also a pretty fantastic piece of music. Most recently I got the song Major Tom from a Lincoln MKZ commercial. Its a cover-ish rendition of a David Bowie song done by Shiny Toy Guns. Excellent.

I need to go watch more TV so I know what music to listen to.
Music right now: Natalie's Rap just finished and Colorblind by Counting Crows started.

1 comment: