Thursday, February 11, 2010

Unititled

When we were little and our home computer was running Windows 95, paint was one of the coolest things on it. Adam(older brother) would make things (I don't know what to call them, they are not really paintings or drawings, so I guess they are just artistic files) and the default file name would be untitled. He seemed to think it was creative to leave the untitled and put a number after it. I think he got into double digits.
Other fun and exciting programs that old Packard Bell ran included Spiderman Cartoon Maker. None of us had ever watched the cartoons or read the comics, so we knew who spider-man was and that was it. The ability to put in voice over commentary was sadly underutilized and often included such phrases as "I've got you now man without a shirt!" Presumably said man had a sinister name and a whole persona, but we did not care. A favorite activity was to see who could make the longest cartoon. This involved making a scene, making things happen, then adding a new scene and repeating. I can not express in words how depressing it was to spend hours on something and then have it run through much faster than you expected, taking mere seconds, maybe a minute.
Jumping ahead 14 years, I now have Windows 7 and write myself pointless sticky notes cause I think they are neat.

I would like to commend Matt and Matt. I have had an uneventful week (I only post when I should be doing homework [I have some that is due in 11 hours, at least 8 of which are previously dedicated to sleep]) so I have not posted in days and they have really stepped up. I think it has been months since there have been 3 posts between two of mine. Bravo.

In domestic news, Courtney has started a quotes section on her Facebook page devoted to things I say to the TV. The brightest part of this is that she had to delete some of the crap quotes she had in there to make room. My latest entry: "Oh Alton, peppers don't have teeth."

What show? Good guess! I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment