Monday, February 15, 2010

Marshmallow World

It's hard to beleive (well, not actually) that it's blizzarding in Ohio, while it's balmy and drizzly here in Chapel Hill. I seriously think that UNC is receiving an unfair advantage in my grad school search, but I'm not complaining as long as the food stays free. I'm leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes, so until then, I'll write a tad. That guy from the other day is still here, and it's amazing how much you can learn about a person from a few hours (?) in realtive silence with you, some guy, and two computers. And again, if you're reading over my shoulder dude, please stop, and "hi!"

Things I know about this guy: he's a hunt-'n-peck'er, and by the sounds of it, he's writing something rather lengthy. It'll take him another 2 days at least. Also, he might be near-deaf, since everytime he gets a text message, his phone YELLS "message received!" One time I jumped. He's also a limo driver, since he was calling around to all kinds of places the other day saying that he was available to take people to and from various hotels to the UNC basketball game. I'm pretty sure he said his name was Roger...but I'm probably wrong.

Anyway, the Olympics are awesome. I watched the end of the nordic combined yesterday and at the end my heart was pounding...I can only imagine what those guys were going through. I like to ski downhill, not cross-country. (ps: another pet-peeve is when one of the keyboard supports is broken so the keyboard is horizontal, not at a slight angle) Moguls are fun to watch too, and I was kinda happy that Canadian guy could pull out a win. In other news, the only thing I got out of ice dancing was that the theme from Love Actually is really good. Too bad you can't download it on iTunes. Seriously.

Well, I'm going to go sit in the lobby and try to look like I belong there until my ride to the airport shows up. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get home!

Currently Listening to: Mr. Hunt-'n-Peck sliding the mouse around on the table. I wouldn't hold my breath for a grammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment