Thursday, June 17, 2010

Both Matt's are now sunburned

The Cubs game today has left me beet red, but more on that later.

So it has been awhile since I've blogged so I'll quickly bring you up to speed from last Wednesday until yesterday morning. The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley cup! Went out to celebrate Wednesday night. Traveled home on Thursday. Went to a friend's 22 birthday party for a while. Got up early as hell on Friday for the dentist (missed the Balckhawks rally because of it) Saturday passed uneventfully. Sunday met up with my friends Katie (fresh from her year in DC) and Allison at Goose Island Micro-Brewery - really good beer! Monday and Tuesday back to the job hunt! Hooray! (I just want work, please. Anyone out there willing to hire me?)

So now we're at Wednesday. I get a call from Molly Dull, she's in Lombard and informs me that her and Sarah O are going to come and visit. I get excited. She calls me back and tells me they are no longer coming. I am now sad. Then Molly calls me yet again to let me know she is going. I remain unemotional, I do not want to be let down again. Molly and Sarah arrive and Sarah is beyond excited to be in Chicago. We venture off to a bar, Hop Leaf (I think that's its name), and grab some beer (Sarah undergoes typical post Oxford sticker shock upon seeing the prices). We are then shoved around the entire place and constantly told that we can't sit there, can't eat if we choose these tables, we can sit there but only for the next 20 minutes. Finally, we found somewhere to sit, found some good food and were shortly joined by our friend Chris. The conversation was great, we laughed a lot and it was great to catch up with Molly and Sarah again. They left and I passed out in my bed exhausted.

This morning I woke early and ventured to Wrigley Field to go to the Cubs game with my sister for her 18th birthday. We had bleacher seats which is basically a free-for-all, for those who have never been before think Miami Hockey game, and Eileen wanted front row. We got front row and all was well, minus the boiling heat and thus no matter how much sunscreen I put on I still turned out burned as ever. Some guy threw up 5 rows behind us, think waterfall of puke spilling down the bleachers, it happened. Thus a larger hole appeared in the crowd as we all moved away. The game was long and hot but the Cubs won in the end and so all is well. Came home, showered and fell asleep for a good 5 hours. Ate dinner at like 10 because of it and so now I'm here and probably won't get any sleep - great.

Currently listening to: The fan & Breakeven by The Script

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me how these people can travel from Cleveland to Chicago and back without stopping in. Also, some sun will do you good. Come to Matt's and/or Ben and Mike's party. By and/or I mean and.

    ReplyDelete