Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I apologize for my absence...

...I have no excuse as to why I haven't blogged in about 5 days. I'll admit, I was lazy and every time I opened this window to begin a blog I simply changed my mind and wandered off, my apologies (kind of). But in other news a lot has happened since last Thursday so I actually have something legitimate to blog about for once! Okay that was a boldfaced lie (ha ha pun.)

Friday night, I ventured to the U of Chicago to visit my friend Allison. The trip took much longer than usual due to some bus stopped in the middle of the road. Upon arriving we were getting ready to cook dinner when we learned the stove did not work, at all. Complete fail. So we ventured for some take-out and I got some really got pizza out of it so all was not lost. I watched Shutter Island which is a really creepy movie until you get to the ending and then the whole thing seems kind of silly and sad at the same time. Oh well.

Saturday, ventured back home for the graduation party for my sister (and unofficially me too, but we don't do college grad parties in my family - so I kind of lucked out that my sister is four years younger than me. Win!) A lot of the family came over, there was of course really good food and lot of Corona. Despite the on and off rain all morning, the day went well enough so we could spend time outside and all of the little cousins could too. My goddaughter still wont look at me, but that's okay I guess, she wont look at my sister (godmother) much either. I ate the most amazing homemade tortilla chips ever and there were chocolate covered strawberries...so while I didn't get to go to the bonfire I think I fared pretty well. That night my mom, of course called for beer pong and cluster and so we had some good friendly family competition (my sister's college roommates were there too, so we did have some fair competition). My mom even convinced a few cousins to stay around and join in (convinced or forced, not completely sure). The night ended well enough and I went to bed happy.

Sunday it rained all day. Ventured back with my sister and her roommates around mid-afternoon to head downtown, while they caught the train back to Milwaukee to head up to Marquette. Got some stuff done and got ready for the premier of this season of Next Food Network Star! It was epic and can't wait for this season. Texted back and forth with Smola the whole time - Bree is sure going to miss out being in India the whole time - that's what we call a bad choice. (You can check out her travels here though!)

Monday and Tuesday passed rather uneventfully. Applied and searched for more jobs (Hooray!) Last Comic Standing came back for another season on Monday, so I'm pretty much really excited for that one as well. Now I'm off to buy some thank you notes and stamps. Have to mail my friend Mia a postcard from Illinois and if you are in any far reaches of the US you should consider doing the same.

Currently listening to: Airplanes - B.O.B.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. You put the link to my postcards page and mentioned my name! I heart you Matt Forrest! I sense a Geography reunion coming soon into the near future.

    Mia or Mimi you know, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm excuse my goddaughter will look at me, we went swimming together. i guess she just doesnt like you. it was probably that terrible miami bear you got her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm excuse me there's no such thing as "terrible" and "miami bear" in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete