Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's so freaking hot...at least I can keep the fan in the window

To those who do not understand the title, you clearly are an APT 212 bandwagon follower (if you really want to know ask and I'll give you insight into the hardships we faced last summer.)

Let's see...I had a kind of exciting weekend. Christine Banks was in Chicago for an interview so I met up with her and KC Skelton at the Cheesecake Factory Friday night. It was good food and there was apparently some epic storm rolling through so KC's mom recommended we didn't leave, plus it was raining pretty hard. So we did what anyone in our situation would do, we drank for 3.5 hours at the restaurant. After the rain died down and we felt we had our fill, we ventured to Millennium Park so Christine could take in the Bean (the security guard begrudgingly allowed her to take a few pictures.) And then I happily headed home.

Saturday was uneventful during the day, went out to Wrigleyville at night. Was going to meet up with Mike, but  I failed epically at that one. I cried about it a lot (read: drowned my sadness in beer.) Had two people I only kind of recognized from Miami come up and tell me they knew me. Also did a dial-a-shot back to Oxford (delayed constantly because Brad and Nathan took forever). It basically consisted of Audree yelling a lot into the phone and me not really understanding what she was saying. Oh well we tried right?

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday consisted of more job searching. Applied to 17 more positions, probably will not get calls from any of them...sigh. I'm doing my best though and my cover letters are much improved from when I first started out in the job search. However, apparently employers don't feel the same way.

Broke the routine Tuesday to travel out to Evanston to have lunch with Liz Bersin to round out my own self-designed alumni weekend. Definitely good and we found out Giordonos has excellent lunch specials which made it even better.

Still hot, still sweating. I start working at the Taste of Chicago on Friday for 10 days. That's money right? And hopefully will bring some interesting blog posts. Sadly that means I can't go to Ohio at all this week or weekend, but it's the only source of income I have right now so I can't pass that up.

Currently listening to: Lots of fans blowing.
Currently reading: Half the Sky (must read!) & Soccernomics (couldn't pick so reading them both)

No comments:

Post a Comment