Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Official Summer

Hey all. So at midnight it was/will be depending on where you are officially summer. I spent my this past weekend ushering it in.

I was in the city last night. I went to dinner at the Billy Goat Tavern which is a Chicago centerpiece (you have to go if you're in town) and the spent the evening at Millennium Park. My buddy Josh, who I've know for 15 years here in Chicago, had never actually been, so we and a few others took him to the spitting fountains and the bean. Then Ben heard some classical music, so we naturally followed him as he wandered over there and listen to some Beethoven something or other before walking to the lake front. We then sat on the pier with our feet over the water and watched the Saturday fireworks at Navy Pier before calling it a night.

I spent Father's Day with my dad, and we went to some outdoor car show. Eric would have loved it. Ben took a bunch of pictures for him. Then we saw Alice and Wonderland, the Tim Burton one. That movie was really freaky. I'm not a big Tim Burton guy, so I don't watch a lot of his stuff but Ben said it was classic Tim Burton, so I'm gonna describe it like that.

This week should be good. I heading down to Cincinnati on Wednesday and will celebrate my birthday day there on Thursday. Then I'll be in Oxford on Friday to celebrate some more before heading up to Cleveland to see Matt Smola and celebrate Jenn's graduation with some of the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment