Friday, June 4, 2010

+/-, but mostly +

Ok so there's good news and there's bad news. Which would you like to hear first? Ha, you don't really have a choice, but I suppose you could try to skip the first paragraph if it's not to your liking.

Bad News: Went to visit my old boy scout troop (this isn't the bad news yet). It was good to see everyone, especially the guys that were only in 5th grade when I left for college. They're growing up and taking on leadership roles and fortunately, many have changed for the better. (This is the bad news part) I also found out that my former scoutmaster is going through cancer treatment. As sad as this is, he has a good attitude about it. When he mentioned it I said "wait, what? I'm so sorry." And he just said "Oh, I'll live." I'm pretty sure he will. His prognoses are good and they already did surgery to remove the tumor. Either way, it's still a bit of a downer.

Good News: The travel editor from MSNBC called me today to infom me that I won the vote for the travel photo contest I entered! Of course, the scale was fairly well tipped in my favor. I definitely have a renewed faith in social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. Haha, I just said I have renewed faith in them but I'm not sure I ever had 1st-round faith in them so whatever. Either way, thanks to some helpful tweeting and facebooking, I beat out the opponents pictures (who probably have way fewer idling friends than me) by a last-known margin of more than 100 votes. The guy on the phone today did a little interview, and the article should be posted tomorrow morning. I'm sure I'll slather it all over facebook and maybe even twitter. Also, some random person in CA that voted for my picture (Thanks Cassie Kim!) wants the full-size version to print off and hang in (I suppose) his home. Baller! Maybe this will become a second source of income if I can get other people interested and actually charge them for prints. (Selfless preview: http://flickr.com/photos/msmola)

In other news, my mother and I are going to start a web-based greeting card and inspirational poster boutique (because that's what you call small, barely-to-not-at-all-profitable shops). She's also painting the bathroom I share with my sister in girly colors (yeah, I thought about what I just said, Mdull).

In other other news, I picked up some photo prints from Wal*Mart today from the night of graduation and they've replaced some photos from high school in frames in my room. So I think a large portion of the readers of this blog are now also in my room, behind glass.

Bonfire! tomorrow! Yes!

1 comment:

  1. That random guy from CA is at my place right now. Can I please have one too? I would like a signed version please!
    Big Thank You
    XOXO
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete