Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Burn Baby Burn

Disco inferno!

Right. So I'm sitting in the sunroom, my computer is on an ottoman, and there's a USB cord going out the door to...my camera. Big surprise, I'm sure. The goal is star trail pictures, but we'll see. It's a work in progress and if anything decent comes of it, I'll fill you in.

I actually took a bunch of silly photos today, involving sparklers, flashlights (thanks Nicole!) and science-y stuff. One of them was pretty cool and could be a facebook profile picture, but since Eric just demanded that I change it, I think I'll hold out for a while.

Went down to Oxford a couple days ago! Most of my friends bailed on me! I also had no wallet/ID so I couldn't do much, although no one was really carding anyway. I had most of Monday to myself, since my parents and sister were busy with orientation stuff. I walked around campus, took some pictures, and got myself up on to the back roof of Alumni Hall. After 4 years of checking doors only to find them locked, it turns out all you have to do is ask for a key. It would be better in the fall.

Had lunch with Bailey, then taught her how to use her new camera. I'm not sure I did the best job of teaching, but she'll get better as she messes with it. IT RAINED LIKE HELL (contradictory statement?) Monday night, but the lightning looked cool. Touchdown Jesus on I-75 was struck and burned to the ground. Now it's like Touchdown Terminator.

Powerwashed part of the patio today. Got sunburned pretty bad. I'm going to go slather more aloe on myself.

Currently Listening to: Dad snoring.

1 comment: