Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Back and I Went Back...In time.

Hey readers. Sorry it's been so long. I was out of town and then had a family issue, but everything is resolved and I'm back.

I've spent a lot of time playing basketball lately, and I have my shot back which is really exciting. Back a long long time ago I could ball pretty well, but didn't really have the chance to keep playing. So I've been going to the park everyday and shooting, and I'm ready to take anyone on. I've been sweeping games of horse and one on one although my 60 year dad won the half-court contest. My brother decided he wanted to have one and he missed his first shot and then I missed mine. My dad was rebounding, and I asked him if he wanted to try, and he shrugged and said what the hell. And first try he hit the half court shot...UNDERHAND! Rick Berry style. He just took to hands and threw them towards the sky and sunk the ball from 46 feet. Ridiculous.

I'm still looking for jobs. But instead of doing that today, I took a trip down nostalgia lane. I looked at all the pictures I had from college on facebook (Thank you Matt Smola, Courtney Bradley and Matt Forrest) and then for the first time in years I read the messages people wrote me in my yearbook senior year of high school. It was hilarious. I highly recommend doing this. Some of the people I haven't talked to since they signed the 400 page tribute to my high school, others reminded me of things I haven't thought about since I roamed the halls of New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois (Not gonna lie, don't miss them all that much). But what struck me was how the vast majority of the comments people wrote were about either how they could not understand how I had so much energy, or how they can't wait to listen to me broadcast games for a living. I felt like I was living a different life. It was kind of cool for awhile. And no, I don't feel like an utter failure because I'm still unemployed and am tired today.

I'd share some stuff with you guys, but you don't know anyone I'm talking about. One person called me Ben. That was confusing. Also, I looked really really young. And my senior photo and quote were kind of ridiculous. I guess what they say about looking back at your high school yearbook is true. You always think everything is ridiculous.

Tomorrow I'm going to borders and I'll probably play more basketball. And if I'm lucky I'll get to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment