Monday, August 24, 2009

What a Day!

First day of our last year of undergrad. Fun! Some highlights include:

-A great walk to class with Scotty, Pat, Ben, and Alex. We looked like old freshmen, minus the lanyard 'round the neck. I still rock the pocket lanyard.

-I saw a "little person" driving a car. It made my morning.

-Dr. Tomoyashu played a clip of Sarah Palin being dumb in regard to fruit fly research in France.

-I saw a couple canoodling on academic quad after having a great lunch with Pat. (I had lunch with Pat, not the canoodlers)

-Saw some freshwomen joggers nearly get hit by an SUV on my way home after class. I chuckled a bit to myself, and the women driving the SUV shook her head in dispair and gave me that "yeah, they'll learn" look. We had a moment through safety glass...it was something.

-Alex made chicken pesto pasta. It was excellent, and it damn well ought to be, since she didn't have a single class today!

-I went running, and felt really good. I blame the copious amounts of pasta I've consumed lately. Stopped to say hi to Matt and Nathan while I was running down Spring. They were painting a beer pong table.

All in all, a good day. I have a biochem lab tomorrow and I'm not sure how much pre-lab I'm supposed to do. The instructor was a little scattered completely confused about what should be done for this week, all I know is that it's "welcome to your last 'welcome to the library' day" tomorrow. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment