Saturday, August 22, 2009

Would You Like A Hand Massage?

So it's been awhile. Sorry to the avid readers. It's also 7:04 in the morning on Saturday. Ben and I were gonna go to the rec, but we got there at 6:45ish and they were closed. Til 8:00.

I realize the last post was made last Tuesday, nearly a week ago. That's a little pathetic, given our previous streaks of several posts within one day. I don't want to write a book, but here are some of my highlights from the past few days.

-Drove home to get things for school. Also got a haircut from a strange place since the normal lady that I've gone to since birth isn't working currently. Let "strange place" = "day spa," and you can imagine how fish-out-of-water I felt. No, I would not like a hand massage while you wash my hair (?!)

-Moved into the new apartment. For future reference, my roommates are Scott, Pat, and Ben. Ben is Mike's brother. Pat's visited a few times this summer. I don't know if Scotty's been referenced before. We're working on a name for the apartment.

-We participated in the harassment of freshmen as they marched to convocation. Beer at 8:30 in the morning is about as good as it sounds, but since they thought they'd dodge the party on Tallawanda by marching through North Quad, we brought the party to them. Scotty, Pat and I step into the curb lawn to go find Mike (an RA in Emerson!) just as everyone else seems to get the same idea. My point: We looked like we were leading a mob across the street. I got a Class of 2013 (?!) pennant from two of the freshmen. They're gonna wish they had those later in life.

-Matt Nathanson came to campus last night for a concert. It was really enjoyable and I had more fun than I expected, then made a mini tour-de-parties, stopping at Slow Idaho, Kristel's, and then back to Slow Idaho before a jaunt uptown for bagels. Ben went with me and met some of my summer Tour Guide friends. I saw Matt for the first time a few days, and Eric too!

That's all for now, but I imagine there'll be more coming in the next few days. My room is currently a mess, so that's priority number one until it's finished. If you're on Skype, look me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment