Sunday, August 2, 2009

(419): Oh for sure. She took a mint.

There's a LOT to write about/remember/try to remember from the past couple days. I'd keep it short, but I've never been particularly good at that, so suck it up and deal. Here's what's on the agenda for today's post: Tour Guide Potluck, Cabrewing, Last night.

Tour Guide Potluck:
So last week, Avery brought up the idea of having a tour guide potluck. We were all rather supportive; however, some tour guide who has since left the state offered to host, then retracted his offer a day before the event. Anyway, after work Friday, Matt and I went to Kroger to figure out just what the hell we were each going to make. Having RSVP'd a "main dish," I couldn't cop out and bring chicken fingers with parmesan and vodka sauce (although we found out on Thursday just how tasty they really are). Besides, I like to cook. So I bought bowtie noodles, a tomato, red onion, bell pepper, alfredo sauce, and two packages of imitation crab meat (which ended up being a good choice because imitation crab is actually fish [surprise!] and is therefore kosher). The end result? A concoction I now call "Cajun Crab Alfredo with Wheels." If you want to know where the wheels bit gets in the name, come visit me, I'll make some for you, and I'll tell you. Or Eric can blog about it. Whatever.

Anyway, Eric, Matt and I went over to the potluck and ate of the goodness. Everything was really really good. Even Laura's lentil salad thing. I might ask her for the recipe. We sat around eating and then played some Apples to Apples, a game which I find a little more frustrating than entertaining, but you get an interesting combination every now and then. After a round or two (there were 15 of us, so a round was plenty long, mk?) we switched to "dirty Jenga," with each block having some sort of--dare I say--task, usually involving drinking, kissing, lap dancing, or phone calling. Mine were fairly docile, but I did get to call someone's friend and act drunk (because I wasn't actually and a legit phone call would've been boring). I added a british accent (it was nece'sry) and managed to really piss this guy off. It was great. I told him my name was, I wanna say...Walter Stanforth? No, Walter Stanforth, Esquire. I even spelled it out. Anyway, we all headed uptown afterwards, but Matt Eric and I joined up with Sam, who turned 21 at midnight. Yay!

Cabrewing:
Matt and I woke up Saturday morning and got ready for Cabrewing, a tour guide event in the works since roughly July 8. Actually, thinking about it now, it might deserve it's own post. Yeah. It does. Stay tuned!

Last Night:
So the must-know details of cabrewing are that Matt and I reached the desired end goal of cabrewing by at least 3:00 in the afternoon. I guess there's only one detail. Whatever.

We get back from cabrewing, and decide to shower, eat, and head over to Matt's house for the year, where a somewhat impromptu party is beginning. We played some pong, clusterfudge (you're not an avid reader if you need help on that one), and just hung out for a while. It was fun, and my mental state progressed as expected. Eric and I made Irish Carbombs...I owe Austin a Guinness. By the time I left to go uptown with Pat (!), who was visiting, most of our beloved tour guide friends were there, as well as Courtney and Eric.

Pat and I left to go uptown, and met a couple people he knows at Steinkeller's. I was offered some beer from someone, but only if I didn't take "pussy sips." I think I succeeded. Anyway, we left after a little bit and met everyone else at Skipper's. There was general revelry at Skips, and I think before we left I had a bagel from Bagel & Deli. Yeah, I did. So Nathan, Kristel and Kristen were the only ones sticking it out for "latenighting." I don't really know what happened to everyone else. We picked up a pizza at Bruno's, and headed back to the Blumpkinn.

Latenighting changed to "damn, I've been drunk for 12 hours...shit;" however, I managed to stay enthralled in conversation and left the Blumpkinn at roughly 5am. While never as late, this has happened before.

Anyway, that wraps up the past few nights, with the exception of Cabrewing, which will receive its own super-awesome account, dripping with details (haha, get it?). Stay tuned.

1 comment: