Monday, July 20, 2009

"I don't want to touch the bush."

And now, the final installment in the III-part post to recap what was likely one of the most eventful weekends I've had all summer.

Nathan, Bree, Matt Forrest, and I depart apt212 for a gathering at the Blumpkinn, home of a fellow tour guide. We near an untrimmed shrub jutting into the sidewalk, which drives Nathan to state (out of nowhere): "I don't want to touch the bush." Of course, the 16-year-old in my mind starts laughing hysterically (again, look up the history of the word "hysteria"), which leads to an audible "tehehe" in the real world. I ask him "well gee, why not?" The answer was perfect: "It's wet!" (it was raining at the time).

We arrive at the Blumpkinn mildly damp, but in good spirits. The house, by the way, is huge, and beautiful. Clearly decorated by a bunch of girls, but still classy. We were persons 4-8 to arrive (we met Audree in front of the house by chance). After a little while longer, most of the social-going tour guides were there, and had introduced their accompanying guests. Oh, we'd also brought a "party bag," full of beer we'd had in the fridge and figured we'd get rid of (we keep it in the crisper). It's still at the Blumpkinn to the best of my knowledge...we should probably get that back.

With everyone there, we started a game of Kings, which led to me having my head on the table for swearing...which sucked. I was also the question-master for a while, in which I took great pride and delight. Anyway, after a while, we (Matt and I) taught everyone how to play Clusterf**k, which I had just learned the night before. It was a lot of fun, of course. We played a few times, then headed uptown.

Time-out: Do any tour guides read this blog??

Time-in. After a moderately eventful time at Brickstreet (still not big on that place), where I apparently did a lot of what looked like "serious talking" with "lots of hand motions," as per Bree's description, we headed home. I ended up walking back to Blumpkinn without the rest of my group, as I was enthralled in a conversation and needed to pick up my jacket, as well as Bree's. Of course, I left after another hour of talking, and forgot the jackets. So I turned around and got them. I couldn't let Bree down!

Sunday I slept in, and Nathan made some really good pancakes before he left town. They were really nice and fluffy, and he added chocolate chips at our request (although I think he considered it pancake blasphemy). I went to the library with Matt, wrote posts I and II of this III-part tale, and then headed back to apt212 for dinner. We made pizza, since we had stuff left over from Friday night. The large pizza was made into a cheese, pepperoni, and red onion treat, while the small crust we had was labelled the "experimental" pizza.

In this case, "experimental" translated to "breakfast," as we made an egg, sausage, and cheese breakfast pizza. An apt212 original, it has one secret ingredient. It was pretty good and we're bound and determined to expand from here.

That's about everything. This probably makes up for my drought of posts last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment