Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here I Sit to Think and Ponder

I'm at Starbucks. In Blue Ash. "Why," you ask? I'm taking the GRE in a couple hours down the street. Needless to say, I got there REALLY early. I've been here for a little over an hour already, and aside from review a few strategies for writing a non-shitty essay, I've decided to leave studying alone. I've never spent this much time at a Starbucks, and it's an interesting thing to observe. Here's what's going on:

I'm at a table by the back wall. There's a plug nearby for my laptop, which made my choice of seating pretty easy. When I first walked in, I looked I was entering the "how engrossed with your laptop can you look?" contest. I'm the only one remaining. Okay, interrupting a bit, a woman (probably late 20's if even) just walked in wearing probably the pointy-heeliest heels I've ever seen. She's struggling to walk. I think at Miami, girls just ditch the shoes when they become inhibitory towards movement. I digress.

I walked in and was greeted by the barista behind the counter. Too bad for her I was more distracted by the "Verry Berry Coffee Cake" behind the glass. I asked her if it was any good and decided to get it after her positive suggestion. Then while she was ringing me up I asked if they had free wireless. Turns out they don't (it costs money), but the establishment next door does. That establishment is beyond the wall behind me. Score!

So I set up my laptop and went about figuring out the internet and making sure no one sitting near me was a internet creeper dressed as a businessperson. Speaking of businesspeople, they all cleared out of here about 45 minutes ago. Since then, it's been mostly me and two ladies in armchairs gossiping about random people and things. A couple times we had some younger kids in, dressed in everything from the double-popped collar (seriously) to the wife-beater (still serious). A family of three came in for what appeared to be breakfast. I'd never thought of Starbucks as a breakfast establishment.

On second thought, I should've been a little less focused on the berry cake thing I bought earlier. The barista is pretty cute. UPDATE: Remember Jan from The Office? Her double just walked in here.

Ok, I'm rambling...and I'm gonna stop. I'll give you an update after the test...maybe I'll have something worthwhile to write about. Regardless, I have nothing going on after this exam of real importance...so maybe Matt and I (Eric is invited/encouraged as well) will play with alcohol for the rest of the week. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment