Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Its Raining

I love the rain. I love the rain during the summer that is. Winter rain is cold and awful. I do not like rain in January. Summer rain is entirely different. For one thing it is about 50 degrees warmer. It is soothing as it falls, cause you can leave the windows open and listen to it. One of my favorite rainy activities is running. You can go forever and never get over heated. Also the rain adds interest so you are not bored. If it is raining hard and long enough and if you are running with someone you can even go for a puddle run.

Puddle runs are fun...if you plan on going on one. If you just decide in the middle of a run to make it a puddle run, the people you are with may beat you. I've seen it. A puddle run is when there are puddle deep enough to splash and the object is to soak other people without getting soaked. But its raining so everyone is wet anyway. Perfect puddles are about half and inch deep, maybe an inch. If you hit the water with the right angle of shoe, you can direct the splash quite accurately. The best puddle runners (me) can thoroughly douse a fellow runner without even getting their shoes wet.

Riding your bike to work in the rain with a computer in a backpack is not my favorite thing. But I will not be deterred by a little inclement weather. Everything stayed dry and I am even almost dry now, three hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment