Friday, July 31, 2009

The Moment you Have ALL Been Waiting For

Guest Post By Mark (Katelyn) Michalak:

Let me start by saying what an honor it is to be contributing to this literary masterpiece. I'd also like to add that I didn't think that I'd actually be able to guest post, especially in this particular situation.

Okay, down to business. Last week I took the famn damily up to Silver Lake Michigan. As Johnny Cash used to say (he doesn't say it anymore because he's dead, but you could probably find a cd or go on itunes if you really want to hear him say it (get it? say it, instead of sing it, because he never actually sang anything)), "I've been everywhere, man." So, this was a repeat vacay. Yep, we went up there 9 or 10 years ago with a borrowed camper and 7 rotten kids. Just kidding, that math doesn't add up. Must have only been 5 kids at most. I would say this time was better, but it wasn't. My three favorite kids couldn't come this time. Sad, you know right? This time I just had the boy who pooped in the lake and got locked in the shower, the boy who got the crap knocked out of him by a picnic table, and the two small girls who seem to be training for WWE.

Despite the odds against us we did have some fun. I mean what's not fun about climbing giant piles of sand and getting small granules of rock all over everything? Here's a tip if you're looking for a cheap way to replenish your sandbox, try trekking across miles and miles of sand dunes, then go home and shake your clothes out in the sandbox desired area. Putt-Putt = Fun! Until, the children start using the putters as weapons (joke). My kids would never do that. Of course, they would probably get better use out of them that way. They're definitely not the next Tiger Woods, if you know what I mean... they're not good at golf. Do you ever eat? Food is delicious especially camping food. Yum, I ate so much I wanted to vom.

So anyhow, it turns out we had such a good time we turned our 5 day vacation into a 4 day vacation. I guess we can try again in 9 or 10 years when we don't have to take any kids.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, that was great. Non-fam might not enjoy it as much, but that was flippin' funny.

    ReplyDelete