Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm not slacking Matt Forrest

I'm not slacking. I have just been getting ready for Tahoe. The weekend shaped up pretty well. 

Thursday was real good 212 bonding. But the best part of the volleyball game Matt Forrest described was the 2 fawns that came blasting out of the woods on the far end of the field. No sooner did they get halfway through the field when Mama Deer started sprinting after them. As we watched I mentioned to Matt Forrest how funny it would be if the Mama deer stopped, saw us, and charged. At that exact moment, the Mama stopped and stared at us. It then sprinted after her fawns once again.

Friday was an interesting day too. I went to the zoo with Bree and we saw the baby tigers and baby lynx. There were 4 lynx in the cage. There was one that was hyper and bouncing around all over the place. I named that one Mike after myself. Then there was one playing with a mouse that it had caught. That one was Matt. The 3rd lynx was stalking "Matt" and waiting to pounce and steal the mouse. That lynx was Eric. The lazy mouse that was lying around exhibiting no effort whatsoever was Matt Forrest (As exhibited in Thursday's Apt 212 volleyball extravaganza sans Austrians). Later Bree and I went to see the different species of monkeys. We were with a bunch of kids when all of a sudden one monkey started feeling the other one's butt. No sooner were they having sex in front of a bunch of children. Moms were appalled and scrambling to cover their children's eyes. Fathers were laughing hysterically.

Saturday was uneventful. I went out with Bree and some of her friends for dinner, but then came back because I wasn't doing so hot. As I walked back from Brick street with the 212 contingent we discussed chimneys. There are some houses in Oxford with 3 chimneys. If you're bored one day you can take the chimney tour. 

Sunday was a good day. I played volleyball on amazing sand at college suites and swam in their pool before returning to the Fox and Hounds pool where I was out with Bree, her friend Allie, Eric, Matt, Andy, Nicole, and friends. Matt had a beautiful butterfly land on his trunks. I went to Walmart at night to get some new medication that may solve this thing. It appears that I may have really bad acid reflux. 

Going to Tahoe Wednesday morning. You may not hear from me until then, but plenty of stories to come.

1 comment: