Sunday, July 12, 2009

Today was a boring day in History, but that does not mean my weekend was

So it has been awhile but for some reason unknown to me, the end of my week was kind of busy.
I toured 4 times from Wednesday until today so that kept stuff kind of interesting and we find ourselves hanging out with the tour guides a lot, but hey you have to do something to fill your time (okay and they are fun to be around.)

The CAACURH regional board was in town so I did get to connect with a good amount of my friends on Thursday after a hour and a half long game of volleyball. Because no one else showed we had some real good Apt 212 bonding (OK well Andy and Nicole finally came at the end but they were an hour late so whatever). And I hung out at Skippers for awhile Thursday night as well because it finally meant that I could run into Shannon after weekends of missing each other.

Friday was a whole lot of tour, work, tour, work fun. In the honors office we are beginning to plan for the next recruiting season (FUN!) and working on a research project (aka I will get published!). Friday night I drove with Caitlin to West Chester to meet up with some ASB kids (the people I went on Spring Break with). After driving through torrential rainfall, getting lost several times, we finally made it to hang out, play some intense Jenga (28 rows and two blocks - beat it, oh right you can't), some great food, catch phrases, bird watching? and just making fun of each other in general because well that is how we show our love.

Saturday was an interesting day. A early morning 11AM tour in torrential rain, that ended about 30min in and resulted in the best tour I have ever given. One parent said and I quote "You give the best tours and that shows some great skills and public speaking skills, walking backwards and sharing all of this at the same time." Afterwards we returned to 212 and hung out with some tour guides (and had some Jello shots with a kick). We wanted to swim it rained all day, we huddled under an umbrella by the pool and play catch phrases finally jumping in the pool and then deciding that the hot tub at the rec and so wrapped in towels and only paritially dressed we arrived to the much warmer waters. Kristen played with some small children, I threw a basketball and some guys head and good fun was had by all.
Eric, Matt and I went to Qdoba for dinner (A LOT better than Chipotle) and then ventured over to see Audree at a birthday party - which was so-so I would say. Doug H yelled a lot, but what else is new. Afterwards Matt and I went to the Blue Room and thankfully narrowly avoided seeing Bree and hung out with a few tour guides. Bounced over to Skippers for a pitcher and then ended up at Brick Street and I remembered just why I prefer basically about anywhere in Oxford to the STD-fest that is Brick Street on the weekends(yes even Stadium wins over this one), but it is okay we all came out alive (barely though) and made it home.

I have been studying and doing laundry all day. I have a geography exam tomorrow. I am not excited, but it is only essays which should be soooooooo much better than econ...and then it is almost time for HARRY POTTER!!!!!! See you at the Princess on Tuesday? Awesome!

Mike and Eric (Erin?) are slacking they better pick it up or there will be hell to pay!

PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

  1. You guys forgot to mention you played steller counter-cock-block!

    ReplyDelete