Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Your call is very important to us...please continue to hold

I'm on hold...they are playing dumb country music (in a shrill voice - you give me the bye bye baby blues)...this is why I always put off calling help centers because it is an absolutely miserable experience. I kind of hate everything right now because of it...

So yesterday was pretty exciting, work all day and class and then home. All in preparation for Harry Potter 6. Matt got back (Eric apparently was playing with raccoons) and for the first time in my life I went Frisbee golfing with Matt(this is too say I have never Frisbee golfed before with Matt or anyone) and well I survived and didn't do terrible all the time - I think soon I will be able to make it to decent (aka only throw the Frisbee in the woods 5 times). We had to play behind, stupid, stupider and stupidest...it was not fun waiting for they to continually suck at life...but otherwise it was a great experience and well yeah.
Then Matt and I hung around for a bit...he took pictures of campus and arrived home...wait what's that late? So Matt, Kristen, Kristel, Audree, Laura and I ventured to Harry Potter 6 at the Princess at 10:30 and get in line (I AM NO LONGER ON HOLD!!!!!!!) behind everyone, a good mix of adults, children and Miami Students, the whole town showed up. So we get in line (late because of someone) and begin to get nervous that we may not get in and begin making plans of escape...because if nothing else Kristel and I are committed to seeing this. It was elaborate and at one point involved a hot air balloon, but more on that another time. The manager guy keeps coming by and nervously counting how many people there are. We are finally near the front of the line and we hear the manager go..."How many are in your party"..."3? okay good"....He finally reaches us..."How many are in your party?"...we respond 6...He sighs, we get nervous..."Is everyone here"...we say yes..."Exactly 6"...yes once again with nervous glances all around..."Ok well after you six we will have 0 tickets left"....we are shocked....Kristen talks of playing the lottery...the girls behind us are crying...we're too scared to even look at the angry mob in the back...exactly 6 tickets left and exactly 6 of us...some would call it magic but that might be too corny considering the circumstances...we make it into the theater and settle down spread all through out...with all the seats basically taken we were lucky to find two next to each other and then Kristel and I quickly realize we are watching the movie with half of Oxford and though I am adamantly against saying this usually...they perpetuated the townie stereotype.
The movie ends and I know there will be a lot of mixed reviews, but I didn't think it was that bad, yes it could of been better, but for Hollywood they did okay. And just so you know this is coming from one of the most adamant Harry Potter fans you will ever meet...so my word carries weight.
I did not have to tour yet again today...but will 4 times in the next 3 days. Oh well off to do homework so I can have a fun week.

My sister's decided I would be in Ravenclaw and I decided I was cool with that...look we can't all be in Gryffindor and odds are most of you would not be...sorry to break the news but be realistic the other three Houses need people too.

Peace out!

All operators are currently busy....please hold

No comments:

Post a Comment