Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 1933 – The first Major League Baseball All-Star Game is played in Chicago's Comiskey Park. The American League defeats the National League, 4-

So it has been awhile after an exciting few days.

Thursday
Wrapped up well. Had a fun Tour Guide Social which turned out to only be five or six of us. But it was fun and after two or three beer towers and a few golden nectar shots at Skippers it was more or less ridiculous. Mike and Bree even stopped by, YEAH! Kristel in brilliant facebook move went to search for our boss Chrissy on her phone (she's leaving us for the other Miami and we really wanted her to come out with us-sadly despite our best creeping we failed). However Kristel, in attempting to find Chrissy, did mange to change her fb status to "KristelChrissy Ormond" which more or less led Kristel to freak out as she struggled to fix the whole issue. We made our way to pong - with one ball and I also managed to slice my toe open, over all a great night and then I passed out all alone in 212 as everyone else has abandoned me.

Friday.
KC and I made our way back to the Windy City in a rather uneventful trip where we both slept while the other drove. I arrived home to a "over joyed family" or something like that, no really they love me. I saw some friends and played with some fireworks and naturally Bridget encouraged, no forced, us to play mafia, but all was well and I had fun.

Saturday
The cousins arrived from California early in the day and stole all my energy. The 4 of them, being 5, twins at 7 and 9 found me extremely entertaining and well as the only other option was Eileen (with Jim and Debbie gone) can you blame them. Basically from the second I arrived I has one of them attached to my leg or back or climbing all over me, except for the few moments where I had to use the bathroom and even that proved difficult. Timmy, the youngest, gave me several tours of my own house, Mark claimed his ownership on me and tried to fit me into his suitcase and they all fought over me, literally fights broke out as the tried to climb up my face or something like that, needless to say, I am bruised. We ventured to the park, my Dad, Uncle and I apparently kept them on the tire swing for too long (only at their constant insistence that they were "Okay") which let them to all vomit the remnants of dinner (they ate a lot of red jello - you picture it)

Sunday
I got dragged around by the cousins some more and ultimately joined KC for a quick and uneventful ride back. I wish I could remember our conversations we talk about some pretty good blog worthy material, which is good we have interesting conversations or all those 5 hour drives would be unbearable. We do however have plans to visit Greensburg Indiana in the near future (find out why). I arrived at 8:15ish, had several domestic disputes with Matt and then headed to the traditional 5th of July fireworks at Hueston woods with Matt, Mike and Bree. (Sarah Young should have failed us but due to timing issues had to watch the alone-ish). We had an amazing view, they were literally right over head (and freaking loud).

Matt and I then endured an adventurous treck back for the sake of our good friend Mike's health. After a rather uneventful walk back we made it back to Bree's car, which upon starting slides into a ditch. Matt and I had some fun maneuvering exercise to get that one out, and we both had to push a bit - really throw our shoulders into it to get the car out, thankfully nothing attacked us in the high grasses. We then had the fun task of finding somewhere to turn the car around in the back roads of Hueston Woods. As we could find no such place, Matt smartly suggested looping around, however after we both considered how long this would take we decided to test the off-roading abilities of Bree's car, the ditch we drove into proved it was entirely possible. After that we only had to fight a few police officers (park rangers) to allow us to go against the flow of traffic, almost hit a few people and cars as we faced the blinding brights and then safely arrived to save the day. Matt and I, after all of our adventures then passed out the second we reached home.
More on the deer later.

Peace Out!

I am now very angry at Katie (see Eric's post), I agree with Eric on Cleveland and am happy to here he is returning today.

1 comment:

  1. A ban on tree jokes...really...except now I want to see this tree

    ReplyDelete