Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fill 'er Up?

Okay, so this story isn't about a full-service (lol full service) gas station, but I couldn't think of any fun things you hear at the oil change place...crap, I just gave away the plot twist.

Since this story is already heading down the drain I might as well finish/start. I got the oil changed in my car Monday morning before heading back to school. I did this as part of my quest to get 500 miles out of a single tank of gas. BACK-STORY: My car gets over 40mpg highway, and supposedly has a 12 gallon tank. You do the math, I already did and it seems plausible that I could go 500 miles. RESUME STORY: Getting the oil changed makes the engine run smoother (especially with the high mileage treatment) and more efficiently. Also it had been almost a year since my last oil change and my car threatened to slap me across the face if I didn't do it soon.

My oil change place of choice is the Pennzoil Instant Oil Change on Eckel Junciton Rd in Perrysburg. They are quick and polite and realize when they overcharge me by $4.26 and promptly call me telling me so, so that I can retrieve my extra expense in the form of a refund. They also do a 15-30 point inspection telling me what else I need to fix. This time they said I need brake lights, one reverse light, and a new serpintine belt. I said thanks for the tip and drove 200 miles that afternoon. Oil change story over.

I was at 150 miles at 3/4 of a tank and 250 miles at 1/2 of a tank. Currently I have driven over 300 miles and am between 1/4 and 1/2. I have never gone over 400 miles on a single tank and will most likely chicken out around 450 at most. I'll keep you posted.

Some guy just walked into the heritage room in shrives, turned the lights on and told me that they finally paid the bill so the lights work again. I sensed he was being facetious.

Matt should know the word facetious for the GRE. Look it up Matt.

It turns out I may not be going to Kings Island Friday. (how many of you knew I was going in the first place is irrelevant) This is sad. The sadness is not in the least abated by the fact that I have had no less than 3 conversations about KI/Cedar Point and I really want to go now. We even talked about specific coaster, and which ones we like best, and why Cedar Point kicks Kings Island's ass in every concievable way. Sigh.

So sweet!!! I love Millennium Force!

I didn't even feel like posting today. I think the result is tolerable. Nicole Adams needs to start reading our blog again. Especially now that I have mentioned her name. She is going to be mad when she reads this just cause I told her she was mentioned and that is all she gets. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment