Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4 1865 – Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is published.

Oh yeah and July 4, 1776: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
Happy Birthday to the United States of America.

So everyone knows I am not the biggest America fan and I will be among the first to point out the flaws of this nation (that so many others choose to ignore). But I do think it is pretty cool that some of the greatest minds in US history (Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Jay, Henry, Franklin etc etc) were meeting together some 233 years ago to decide what action to take against the British and well the rest is history.

My 4th weekend is going pretty well, unfortunately my cousins are here so I will have to post more later...sadly no bachelor parties on my list.

1 comment:

  1. "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."-- Howard Zinn

    I'm with you in the "not the biggest fan of America" club, but I believe we are exercising the greatest freedom one could have in any society-- the privilege of being able to disagree...and even moreso, the opportunity to take action that will change the things we disagree with! So take advantage of and celebrate that independence in liberty today. :)

    ReplyDelete