Thursday, July 2, 2009

Home So Far

Bachelor Party! Whoo!!!

This was a party for my brother's friend Paul, who happens to be getting married. We are all surprised. I got invited to the gig literally 45 minutes before we left. The party was at a cottage owned by the best man's parents. It is a nice little place on a nice little lake. Too bad it decided to be cold and cloudy for the first time in three weeks.

We would not be deterred from having fun, however. Our evening was primed for greatness with over 1000 bottle rockets, dozens of firecrackers, 7 pounds of hamburger, and the promise of a beer mile.

The Beer Mile (capitalized for emphasis of the awesome) is a hallowed event. It consists of running 4 quarter mile segments, each initialized by consumption of a can of beer. Throwing up is grounds for disqualification. Five of us started out pretty well, each finishing the first beer in under a minute and a half (18 seconds leading) and starting out on the first leg. I started slow, not feeling too well, for I had been snacking and ate a large hamburger with cheese, barbecue sauce, and zesty horseradish sauce. After Chris (the aforementioned best man) had done two laps and was starting his third beer, I was working on my second. He had eaten as much as me before the Mile and at this point proceeded to puke it ALL up. I slowed my pace further, while he took a short break before starting all over to avoid disqualification. We finish at about the same time. The winner finished in 10:44 and had only drank one beer before in his life. Everyone is still in shock.

After everyone cooled down we started launching bottle rockets and started the fire with gasoline and a firecracker. There are videos and when they are put online I will supply links to them. It was pretty friggen sweet.

1000 bottle rockets went fast.

Independence Day was the movie choice of the late night, fitting for a bachelor party for a 4th of July wedding.

I wonder if anyone has ever knocked themselves out from sneezing and hitting their head? That would be really funny to watch.

I am going to my lake tomorrow. It had better be sunny...and warm. I want to swim and not be freezing. Then Cleveland Saturday to visit Katie.

Crap, I need to check my email

No comments:

Post a Comment