Monday, July 6, 2009

The 5th of July

So the 5th of July was very entertaining. After spending the morning feeding fish and eating eggs, Matt came back to Oxford. We went frisbee golfing, my first time in a year, and it was fun, but my skills have clearly declined. I ended up losing by 5 strokes, but I made it through the whole course which was the biggest accomplishment. Bree was with us too. She felt the need to be more modest with her clothing because we saw some Mennonites. I reminded her that she was a college student on a college campus...She was wearing more clothes than a lot of girls.

After that Matt Forrest came home and we went to the 5th of July Fireworks at Hueston Woods. They were excellent. Except I got really sick again and Matt and Matt had to drive the car to me because I couldn't make it the mile back to the car. However, while I was sitting and trying to collect myself, I saw the locals of the Ohio backcountry. There were some real characters there. They guy with the cane who was 20 something and missing teeth. He had a bunch of tats and was pushing his kid out of the bathroom so he could get another beer. Then there were a bunch of kids deciding their next move, then realizing they needed their parents to drive them somewhere.

More happened, but that is for Matt Forrest to explain. It involves deer and a planned attack of the human race?

No comments:

Post a Comment