Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Apparently Raccoons Like Shrimp

I know you're all excited for this one! You're thinking "It's been so long!", "Eric's posts are great!", and "I am so tired of the mindless drivel the rest of the guys put on here" etc. And how about that title, huh? I'm intrigued for sure.

It has been quite some time since I last posted so two things are inevitable:
1. I am not going to remember what I have told you already
2. I don't care

Two was going to be something else, but the above seemed more true.

This morning from 12 to 2 was pretty eventful. I failed at reaching my goal of 500 miles on a tank of gas and didn't even reach my fall back of 450. I went 417 miles on less than 9.8 gallons of fuel, an average of 42mpg. Thus, assuming the manual is not lying to me (I don't trust it, damn teenagers), and assuming one time I don't pansy out, I should be able to go 540 miles on a full 12.8 gallons. I am sure I could have gone farther last night, but after the raccoon incident I didn't feel like pressing my luck.

What raccoon incident you say? Last night I went to Applebee's for dinner and got double crunch shrimp. Now since I had an appetizer and two sides and always forget that I don't really like breaded shrimp, I had plenty left over for a box. I put this box in my car with the windows down when I went into the house for the evening. (Many of you are already cringing I'm sure) When I decided to leave at like 12:30am I noticed strange crumbs on top of my car, thinking nothing of it I got in and noticed that the box was open and missing most of the shrimp. On the passenger seat-back, right above the box were the shadows of dirty paw prints on my windshield. The pieces fell into place. I got out my mini LED flashlight and searched the car. There were no other signs of entry or egress other than a ton of greasy prints on the side-view mirror where the little bastard made the tricky transition from the window to the hood. I didn't really want to eat that shrimp anyway.

What else has happened recently?

Oh, Court and I decided that I should go as a guy from 300 for Halloween. I told her that she has some work to do too, if I am going to look like that. Surprisingly I am still living.

Monday was an intense day. I got up at 5:30 and went to the Rec. Then I slept for a bit before going to Hamilton to get a new phone (4th times the charm!). I hate Hamilton. Then back home to lay out for a while. Planned volleyball. All our efforts garnered 5 people, luckily the Austrians came through in the clutch and we had a great game. We even had music compliments of me and my parking on the grass next to the court (with some reluctance and a good amount of freaking out every time a Miami vehicle drove by. Apparently they only care if you park in a lot). I feel like Nicole is more bored than I am, cause even when we only had 3 people she was all for taking a little car ride over to see if anyone else was there already. We love volleyball.

My new phone came FedEx today. I have a good feeling about this one. Starting with the fact that I passed the delivery person in the hall as I was leaving. Perfect timing. I can't believe they have sent me the same phone 4 times.

A Raccoon was in my car!!! WTF!

Hope you enjoyed this one. I'll try not to abandon you for that long again.
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment