Sunday, August 23, 2009

Your Party Got Owned!

Two nights ago, as we were walking from place to place, Andy suggested that we should have the people come to us soon, for all the walking was getting old. Yesterday afternoon around 4:30 or so we discussed this idea further and decided that it was a good day for a gathering. I sent out a text (sorry if you didn't make the text roster, Verizon only allows me to send mass texts to 10 people), Andy called some people, there was a little interest, things were looking good.

A break in the action followed where we did nothing. I put a lock on "my" bike and rode it around town a bit. Invited some people in person who will not be invited to future parties and came home to play internet games for several hours. Internet gaming time was interrupted by a trip to the old apartment to acquire surfaces. AND I FOUND MY DEWEY'S PIZZA GLASS THERE!!! That made my day. I immediately came home, washed it, and started drinking (out of it). I warmed up Olive Garden leftovers for dinner. Courtney came over to eat. I confirmed that a party was happening. Courtney called a few more friends. Andy ate the breadstick that was for Nicole. And we all waited for the fun to begin.

During this time we came up with the back-up plan that if no one came to our house, we would go to Matt's, drink as much as we could, and break things. I feel a house rivalry coming on.

As it turned out, all the people I wanted to come did and it was a great time.

We wanted to play beer pong, for everyone loves a little alcoholic competition, but Andy and me do not own a table of proper proportions. Thinking quickly I recalled there being some plywood in the creepy basement (i will blog about that more later). It was kind of dirty and only about half as wide as regulation, but it was the perfect length. The thin aspect made it much easier to carry up the stairs. We set it on a card table and the day was saved.

In the end it was unanimously voted that our party rocked and we should have another one in two weeks when Andy turns 21. That too will be off the chain.

1 comment: